EARLY BIRD EXPIRES ON MARCH 31st, 2023
Following the continued success of our second annual Retrofit Canada Conference in June 2022, we are delighted to announce that Canada's only retrofit conference will head to Montreal on June 13-14, 2023. The theme of this year’s event: What market transformation is required to scale up the retrofit sector across Canada?
Aligned with Canada’s 2050 net-zero emissions goal, the plan to retrofit more buildings needs to be accelerated and scaled up. To start meeting the latest industry targets of 4-5% annual retrofits, the industry requires a transformation. In addition, increasingly unpredictable and extreme weather due to the climate emergency means resilience is a priority in future-proofing real estate and can be combined with decarbonization plans.
The Government of Canada is investing $1.5 billion over five years towards green and accessible retrofits through the Green and Inclusive Community Buildings (GICB) program, including the Resilience Montreal building to make it more energy efficient. Over 10% of funding is allocated to projects serving First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, including Indigenous populations in urban centres.
With a number of important nationwide policy and regulation updates for existing buildings on the horizon, the 3rd annual Retrofit Canada Conference will bring together the key stakeholders from the nation's deep energy retrofit sector to discuss what is needed to transform this market.
What's New in '23?
- Advisory Board who guide the agenda to ensure the event is developed by the industry for the industry
- A cross-industry real estate focus including multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs), commercial and office spaces, industrial projects, community housing and public sector buildings
- Interactive Round Tables where attendees can engage and share their experiences
- Lightning round case studies and lessons learned logs
- Live debates with audience polling
- A commitment to diversity, inclusivity and equity
- Post-event report with Industry Recommendations
- Stay tuned for more...
Did you know that according to Canada.ca...
- Buildings and homes contribute approximately 18 percent of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Retrofits are a critical part of the Government of Canada’s Green Building Strategy, including the $200-million Deep Retrofit Accelerator Initiative, proposed in Budget 2022.
- The Emissions Reductions Plan advances climate resiliency through the development of the $150-million Canada Green Buildings Strategy.
- The $182-million Energy Efficient Buildings Program is a part of the $180-billion Investing in Canada Plan, supporting the reduction of buildings emissions nationally.
If you wish to partner, speak or sponsor the 3rd Annual Retrofit Canada Conference in June 2023,
please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 ADVISORY BOARD
Policy and Program Design Lead, Canada Green Building Strategy
Natural Resources Canada
2022 POST EVENT REPORT
Get your copy of the 2022 Retrofit Canada Conference Post Event Report to view what you missed at the event, including testimonials, event stats, attendees, and more.
We are thrilled to partner with Brella, an award-winning networking tool that allows you to schedule one-on-one meetings with the most relevant attendees at Retrofit Canada Conference.
Click here for more information
WHO ATTENDS OUR RETROFIT EVENT
HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST EDITION